Sunday, October 04, 2009

Random happenings

The other day as part of "School" for Avery we did a little crafting. We made pumpkins and ghosts. Avery drew a pumpkin and I cut it out for him, then he drew a jack-o-lantern face on it.

PA010457

The ghost's are made from tracing our feet and cutting them out, then Avery drew faces on them. he's pretty good at drawing faces and we think that makes him pretty awesome!

PA010460

On Thursday we drove up the canyon to go on a nice fall walk. It wasn't too chilly in town but I always forget how much cooler it is in the Canyon. It was pretty chilly. It was the first time we've really let Jack walk on his own, it was pretty cute watching the boys run around together.

PA010462

PA010476

Avery stepped in the water, so we left after that so his feet wouldn't freeze. In the van on the way home I looked back and Avery had his foot up by his face and his wet pant leg in his mouth. I told him to stop because that's gross and then asked him why he was doing that. His response made me laugh! He said "I'm just thirsty Mom, I needed a drink" What?! Leave it to Avery to come up with something like that!PA010480

     
Yesterday Avery was sent to his room (probably for torturing his brother), when he was allowed out he was wearing his overalls backwards over the jeans he was already wearing. He loves his overalls and begs to wear them everyday. It was pretty funny though.

PA030487

Last night during the Priesthood Session of General Conference the boys and I went to the mall to do some coat shopping for me. I looked in every store at the mall and a few the others the night before and I can’t find a coat (the style I want) that fits me. the one I have now I bought when I was pregnant with Avery, it’s not a maternity coat, but it’s too loose now. But who knew coat shopping could be so crappy!?

I can find them that fit my body, but the arms are too short, then if the arms are just right the coat is too big! Seriously, why can’t I just find one?! I may just end up having to settle for something I don’t love, as long as everything fits! I know I have long arms, but I didn’t think they were that long! Anyway….

Here’s a picture of jack, because he’s cute even when he’s chewing and his mouth is full of food.

PA030494

3 comments:

bedelia said...

getting a drink--that's awesome
overalls+potty time= no fun
I never noticed you had long arms. Anyways good luck coat shopping and the cinnamon rolls were awesome. In fact, I ate too much and have bad blood numbers now.

Mother Gooneybird said...

the arms are hereditary. I don't think I have had a coat that fit since I was 8. If you find one, let me know. It will probably fit me too!
Your boys are hilarious!

Mother Gooneybird said...

the arms are hereditary. I don't think I have had a coat that fit since I was 8. If you find one, let me know. It will probably fit me too!
Your boys are hilarious!