Saturday, October 10, 2009

Recent projects and rambling

Crafting, sewing, scrapbooking…they are my therapy. These things help me relax. This post was almost relaxing to write. I love crafting.

So, sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a rut, as far as my daily routine. I make food, I change diapers, I clean up after kids, I make more food, occasionally I do some out of the ordinary house work. You know when I’m feeling crazy! :)

This week I participated in a blog challenge on Somewhat Simple. Last month I did some of the stuff for her craft challenge. This month is all about beautifying your home. PA090006

So thank you, Stephanie at Somewhat Simple, for giving me something to get me out of my rut! :)

This week I did some decluttering, deep cleaning and decorating. And it feels good! I reorganized my pantry and cleaned it up, it’s so much easier to see everything we have now. I washed our walls. How often do you wash Kitchen walls? Whatever you do, I probably do less. Promise. We’ve lived here for 3 years and I have never washed walls. Maybe some wiping food off a little, but nothing serious. PA100009

The decorating was my favorite. I Mod Podged paper onto a metal star and hung it on the wall. And then I bought some 50 cent frames at DI, painted them and used some of the paper from the star and hung them on a funny little ceiling stair. It’s amazing how much those two little things make a difference in our kitchen. It also made me remember how much I love my red kitchen!PA100008

I’m looking forward to finding out what next weeks challenge is! It really is nice to have something out of the norm. to do.

Also, here’s the latest ghetto craft I’ve made. :) I’m good at ghetto crafts.PA090001 (2)

12 comments:

Robyn said...

REALLY cute stuff, Kiz! I just started looking at that blog and I am excited about it!

bedelia said...

Nice. I'm jealous of the last D. Decorating. Mostly, I'm just de-cluttering and deep cleaning. And I just started looking at that blog too. Weird.

Chiemi said...

Good job Kizzie! I understand how you feel. You kitchen look great!

Andrea said...

Love your crafts, even the ghetto ones! I just bought a star the other day to try out with some holiday paper on it!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

that star and frame idea is so stinkin' cute! I love it!

MaRilla said...

You are amazing. Ghetto crafts and all.

Michelle Claire said...

It looks really nice! Those are great ideas, I'll have to check it out...

Michelle Claire said...

Oh, and I only clean walls when my kids decide to display their artwork on them... :) I should probably do it more...

Unknown said...

I like your red kitchen, too. One day, I want a green kitchen. :D

Crystal said...

I love your red kitchen. Your star and frames look great.
-Crystal

Gretta said...

Love your red kitchen! I just picked out paint colors a few weeks ago& am using red accents throughout my kitchen as well. You had some great ideas! I have the same red stand mixer too..don't you LOVE it? Thanks for sharing!!

Mother Gooneybird said...

You are way amazing Kiz. We can't find 50 cent frames in Missouri!
I am finally getting brave enough to decorate my house too. Made a valance for the living room and recovered lamps. Pics on our blog as soon as I have batteries for the camera!