Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My kind of Family Night

Last night for Family Home Evening the boys ate red vines and played outside while Andy and I made and canned salsa and peach jam. I love canning, so I was happy. Andy loves homemade jam, so he was happy. and the boys love treats and getting really dirty, obviously they were in boy heaven. It was just a fun night. And we got yummy stuff out of it!Thanks to Lauren's (Andy's brother Chris' fiance) family for the tomatoes, the salsa was dirt cheap to make. And we got our peaches at the Thanksgiving point farmer's market.

There's just something so satisfying about canning. I love it!

3 comments:

Amy Snell said...

How fun!! I seriously need to learn how to can!! Thats one talent I do not have yet :) The boys are so stinkin' cute!!

Chiemi said...

Oooo what is your recipe for salsa? I love canning too.

MaRilla said...

you guys are so cute. I like the "young" picture of you guys! Way to go on the canning!