Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yay for Avery!

Today was Avery's last day of swim lessons. He did so great. He was a little nervous about some of the things he had to do, he didn't love putting his head under the water. But, he did do it! So I'm happy. And he didn't ever have any melt downs, so I consider it a success!AND...today he went down the huge water slide, and LOVED it! Woo Hoo! I'm just so excited he did so well. He tends to be a little scared of things. We're working on helping him not be so afraid of things so this is a step in the right direction!
(right after coming down the slide, they were too fast so I missed getting a picture of him coming out!)
We're going to go swimming tonight when Andy gets home from work, and Avery is so so excited to go down the slide again!

So, yay for Avery for finishing swim lessons and doing so well! He sure is getting big, I can't believe I have a kid who did swim lessons on his own!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so great! I think I have a fearful one on my hands too, she still won't even look at any body of water, unless it's the bath tub. Completely wigged out when Scott took the blow up boat out on the little inlet of the lake.

Andrea said...

How fun! He is so cute holding his little certificate!

Jon and Jacque said...

Hooray for Avery!
~Jacque

Joleen said...

Great job, Avery! I'll bet you'll have lots of fun showing Daddy what you learned.

Rusti said...

Way to go Avery! I really should get my kids into swim lessons. It gives them so much more confidence.

Shelly said...

That is so great!! After working with kids for years, that is the one thing I want to make sure my boys are enrolled in :)