Friday, December 12, 2008

Avery's Thankful list

This morning Avery and I were reading some old Friend magazines. One of them had a little Matt & Mandy (the children who haven't aged in 10 years, at least!) cartoon strip about being Thankful. So we read it and then I asked Avery what he is thankful for, after being met with a blank stare I told him something like
"being thankful for something means we're happy when something happens or when we have something."
Then I asked him again what he was Thankful for and this is what he said -

"Jack! I'm thankful for President Monson. I'm thankful for my Daddy."

Then he was distracted by a rubber band he flung into the tree yesterday. He was so overjoyed with thankfulness for his long lost rubber band he left to play with it.

But seriously, this was one of the best "mom moments" I've ever had. I'm so thankful for Avery, and how fun he is. I have so much fun helping him learn things, and this one was so much more rewarding than teaching him letters! He probably wont remember it in 5 minutes, but I sure will!

3 comments:

bedelia said...

Now you just have to think about that moment when he's throwing a tantrum. That's awesome. I don't even think Jonah has heard of President Monson. Maybe I should work on that.

Selissa said...

That is so awesome! I love it!

Unknown said...

Awww! That is so sweet! :D