Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Avery!

Today Avery is 2!! How crazy is that?!
He's got a dr. appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how ginormous my child really is then.
He's so much fun though, it's amazing all the fun things he can do and say! We're having a small party for him tonight, we told him about it a couple days ago and now he's been talking about his birthday party since then. I don't think he has any idea what it is, but he likes how we talk all excitedly about his birthday!
He also has been carrying around a couple birthday cards he got from my grandma and aunt, he loves them!
We got him a basketball hoop and set it up in the living room so he'd see it when he got up this morning, it's a huge hit! He's been playing with it all morning! He absolutely loves it! Thank goodness!!
And for breakfast he had chocolate chip pancakes, which he called "cookie pancakes", they were devoured in a matter of minutes. Now we'll see if he ever wants plain ol' pancakes again!


Here's the picture we sent out with his birth announcement, he was about 3 or 4 days old.
And here's one of this past week. He's HUGE!!! :)

6 comments:

Rusti said...

Aww! What a cutie! I can't believe how old he is! Seriously, time is flying by.

Hope he has a happy birthday!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Avery!! Funny - we got Max a little basketball hoop for his 2nd bday too!
He's such a cute baby and now little boy!
I keep checking for a new belly pic! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's so cute. Love the dunk pic too. I'm with you on the big boys, mine tower over the other kids their age!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Avery!
I hope I'll be able to think about other things besides terrible labor come Scarlett's first birthday! :)
Scarlett started to try to laugh on Sunday and today she gave her first actual chuckles!

Michelle Claire said...

Happy Birthday Avery!! Wow! Can't believe how fast time flies... that's amazing! I remember when I went and visited you(Kizzie) after he was born and he was so teeny weeny! Now he's such a big boy! Man, I miss you guys...

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

yay! happy birthday avery :)