Friday, February 08, 2008

Sewing Spree!

I've been in a sewing/crafting mood the last could weeks. So...here are some pictures of some of the things I've made in the last 2 weeks.

#1 - Quilt Top (now I need to get the backing, batting and binding done, I think I'll just tie it, since I don't actually know how to quilt!) It's not perfect...so don't look too close!!

#2 - Valentine wreath, Thanks to Robyn for the idea!

#3 - Reusable grocery bags, I use them for library bags though, I've yet to actually use them from groceries, but for some reason I love making them, I have 3 total!

#4 - Polka Dot Tote/Purse, I love bags...and this one can fit my stuff and still a diaper and wipes


And amazingly I've been able to do all this AND keep my family fed and my house clean!!
I decided I needed a plan for house cleaning so it didn't seem so overwhelming, so I made myself a job chart. So I do the "normal" things every day and just a few extra things a day, it makes it SO much less overwhelming!
My kitchen has stayed REALLY clean ALL week! The rest of the hose has too, it's so great.
We'll see how I do over the weekend, I'm hoping to keep it up. It's so nice to have a clean house and still be able to sew and so extra things and not feel like I should be doing something else!

6 comments:

Chiemi said...

Wow! You go girl! You are so amazingly crafty! When I go on sewing frenzies my family does get fed and my house is not a pretty site. So go your for being able to do it all! Super MOM/Wife!

Juliana said...

Those are so darling!!

bedelia said...

That's more precise than any quilt I've ever done. I think you could quilt that easily if you just did straight lines. You'd have to pin it all over. Of course who am I to talk, I'm too chicken to quilt. I did a couple of little ones for Christmas though for kids and figured they'd never know how bad they were. Anyways, I love the bags and I just recently made myself a chore chart too and I'm amazed that it works. Not that my house is perfect, but its way better than it use to be. sorry about the longest comment ever.

Crystal said...

you seriously amaze me! I wish I could do any of that! My sewing machine hates me!

Crystal said...

you seriously amaze me! I wish I could do any of that! My sewing machine hates me!

Rusti said...

Well done Kizzie! You have been busy. You're quilt looks fabulous. I'm going to try quilting one of these days.

You'll have to post your chore chart sometime. I need a little nudge to get mine going. Every time I start it I feel overwhelmed and put it aside. And that's just writing it down. lol