Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Fun!

Happy Day after Valentine's Day!!!

Yesterday was nice. The end. Just kidding!! : )

I made Andy a fruit bouquet with chocolate dipped strawberries, grapes and pineapple. I got the idea from this website, and I think it turned out pretty cute.
I made it as a surprise and Avery and I took it to him at work. It was fun, and he loved it! But really, who doesn't love chocolate dipped fruit!?


It was harder that I thought it would be to find Avery a Valentine shirt, there were tons everywhere for girls but the boys were shafted. Again. Why is it that the girls get all the cute festive stuff and boys are ignored!? I finally found him a shirt that said "My Mom loves me this much!" with a heart with arms stretched out. I figured it was good enough, it had a heart on it and talked about love! :)


I made a big dinner for us, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes, salad and steak. At about 4:45 there was a knock on the door, and knowing Andy wouldn't be home from work for another 20 minutes or so I wondered who it was. When I opened it there were 4 teens dressed in their choir/dance uniforms. They had roses and said they were delivering them and a message from Andy, then they sang me a couple love songs! It was so cute and sweet, and I was totally surprised that Andy did that and managed to keep it a secret for a couple weeks!! And no one had ever done that for me before, it was so sweet!!


After we enjoyed out yummy dinner (I really love steak!!) we probably played with Avery for a while, but he went to bed early, he's coming down with a cold. Then we watched The Wedding Planner and had banana spits and we both fell asleep on the couches at 9:30 or so! Lazy, I know!!

It was a great day though, and I'm so grateful for Andy and all the wonderful, nice things he does for me and how hard he works to provide for our little family. I can't wait for the next 50 plus years (hopefully way more!) we get to be together, and I feel so lucky to be able to spend eternity with him!!

----------------------------
Oh, and my Mom is coming to visit!! I'm so excited!! She's coming next week, my grandparents will be in town for my great uncles birthday so it'll be a party, and then my Mom is staying longer so we can hang out. I haven't seen her since August, so I'm really excited!!!

3 comments:

bedelia said...

That fruit looked way awesome. I'm impressed. If I tried something like that it would have looked ghetto. And we heard something and couldn't figure out what it was and saw the singers. Fun.

Aimee said...

Love the Fruit, what a cute idea! you're so creative!
I couldn't find a valentines day shirt for my boy either, haven't ever been able to find one, but Bailey got a lot this year!

Unknown said...

Hooray for Andy! I think you got the "Creative Award" this year out of us girls! I wanted to be creative, but somehow it didn't happen...that's been happening a lot lately. I think the bigger the baby gets, the smaller my brain and memory gets!
Great job on the fruit! I did chocolate covered everything for Scott 2 years ago when we were dating and left it in his car at school with tons of balloons and love notes...so I can't steal your idea for at least a little while!