I've been having some joint pain since February and I finally worked up the nerve to go to the doctor about it. So I went and they drew blood and said they were testing for rheumatoid arthritis (not cool!), I waited 4 long days to find out the results came back negative for that, thank goodness. But then I had to go in and get more blood drawn so they can test for lupus, also not cool. I should find out Friday what the results are for those tests, then we'll go from there.
So after having a bit of a hard week I decided to cut my hair off and get my nails done. Today. So I did, and I love it!
I am so tired of pulling my hair into a pony tail every day and telling myself I "did my hair today". I don't think pony tails should count as that at all. I was feeling pretty blah about my hair anyway, it's so straight and lifeless, so I knew I needed something that couldn't just be pulled back. And I love my new summer cut! I also lucked out that this week they were offering the complimentary head massage with any hair cut. That was a little slice of heaven! Wow! I could go back just for the massage!
Here's a before and after. I should have taken a before shot this morning, but I wasn't thinking. This is the only one I could find where it's not in the hated pony! :)
Before...
And after...

I also got my nails done, I went to a lovely little Asian place called "New Nails", clever name I think. They were so speedy, I was in and out in 30 minutes! That's what I call service! Those Asians are quick! (I'd like to add that because my sister-in-law ,and nephews and niece, are Asian, I can make Asian jokes. Really.) I haven't gotten acrylic nails since my sister Selissa got married almost 3 years ago, it makes me feel so girly! And I like it! :)

Also, on Monday Andy bought me 2 dozen roses. I just thought that was so sweet! So I have one dozen in the living room and the other in the kitchen. I'd keep them together, but I don't have a vase big enough. I just think Andy is the best thing since sliced bread! :) But seriously, he's really great. He's always doing sweet things for me, and he knows just what to say when I'm having a hard time. The roses were perfect. I just have the best husband ever! Sorry girls!!! ;)
7 comments:
Love the hair. And don't you love how much better it makes you feel to have nice nails? I love to get my nails done. What a nice hubby to get you roses too...Sounds like you definitely have a keeper.
I love your hair!! It is so stinkin' cute!! I have been thinking about cutting mine!! I just love the longer"bob"! Andy is awesome to get you roses....and let you pamper yourself!! What a lucky lady!!!
I agree with everyone else, you look so cute! And I love that Andy brought you roses! He just earned big points!
I love the new do! Very cute! Also, what a good man....he could teach tim a few things.
That hair cut is adorable! You are so lucky! Someday I'll get a pamper Misty day, I'm sure!
i LOVE your haircut.
Love, Love your hair.
Post a Comment