Friday, July 13, 2007

I must be crazy...

So...the boutique I did last month was a total bust, they didn't advertise for it very well at all! I sold a few things, but it was a long day. Totally not worth it. (I actually came home and listed some stuff on ebay and it sold with the buy it now option within a couple hours for more than I had hoped to get!) I'd made my mind up to never do it again. But...I changed my mind!
The girl I shared a booth with rented a booth at a 10 week farmers market and invited me to share it with her. This one will be much busier, so hopefully I can sell some stuff. I'll be doing less scrapbook things and more baby things. about a year ago I bought a boppy cover pattern on ebay (one that someone made themselves, sells and lets others sell the finished product. I just can't sell the pattern) so I'm going to make a bunch of those, and also some Eye Spy bags. I think those will do better than scrapbook stuff, I'm still taking it all with me so I can get rid of it though! :)
I think I'll also make some rag quilt burp cloths, they're easy to make, cute and very useful!
The Farmers Market starts Aug. 3rd and is every Friday from 3-7 at Thanksgiving point. So I need to get started on sewing! It's outside, so that's the only thing I'm not looking forward to. But it should be fun. And it gives me something to look forward to and work for.
I was telling Andy that I'd like to do it because I need a project, and since Avery's birthday party and the last boutique are over I've been feeling a little bored. He made the comment that the house looks a lot better since I don't have much else to do! Sad...but true!!

So hopefully I don't just lose a bunch of money and then have TONS of stuff left over! I'd have lots of baby gifts!

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

It is so hard to put yourself OUT there....but it is worth it! Craft fair's are so hit and miss....just keep doing it if you enjoy it! I like having something to do to keep me busy! Good luck!

Andrea said...

I'm sure you'll do well! And like you said, you can always turn to ebay with your leftovers!

Mandy said...

I think it is great how much motivation you have. I wish you could give me some.

Amy said...

I think it's so awesome how you're out there selling your stuff! Good for you! I'm busy making rag quilt burp rags for future presents for friends that I just pull out on a whim! :) Good luck == ebay is a great friend sometimes! --Daisy