Tuesday, July 10, 2007

4th of July



I forgot to write about the 4th...so almost a week later, here it is!


We had quite the full day planned, since Andy had the day off work I wanted to do as much fun stuff as possible!! :) So we woke up at about 6am to go to the hot air balloon festival, it was so cool! We didn't get there in time to see them blow the balloons up but we got to see them take off. I've never been that close to a hot air balloon, they're huge! And there were tons! Avery loved it. I'm not sure what he liked more, the balloons or all the people! He loves
watching people, it's hilarious!




After the balloons took off we came home and made a pancake breakfast, Mike and Heather and their kids and Chris came over for it. It was a nice little visit and meal.

Then we took off for the parade. We had originally planned on just going the morning of and trying to find a place to sit and watch it, but we quickly realized that that would be very hard! On Monday people were already setting up tents and chairs, roping off areas and settling down for the long haul! So Monday night we went and tried to find a place to put our two little camping chairs, even that was hard!


When we got to the parade Wednesday morning it seemed like it took forever for it to start, and when it did I was a little dissapointed. I think parades have too many non-floats in them. I wanna see the fancy big floats! most of the parade was trucks with people sitting in the back, high school bands and cars with magnets on the side blasting music. Boooring...When some floats finally started to emerge they were spaced about every 2 blocks. Anyway, it was a fun experience, we ended up leaving early because it was so hot and Avery was cranky!

When we got home we let Avery play and then layed him down for a nap after an hour or so. Chris came over so Andy and I could go to a movie. It was nice to get out and go see a new release! We went and saw License to Wed. It had some funny parts but it wasn't my favorite. Though I have a crush on the guy who plays Jim Halpert, and he was in it. So that was fun. :)

After Avery's nap we walked from our house to the freedom festival on center street. It was so crowded and hot! but it was fun walking around seeing what people are selling. There was music too, it was a little weird but at least it was shaded!


That night we went and watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks show from a couple blocks away. It was awesome! I love fireworks, I think they're so pretty! Avery liked it too. Mostly I think he liked crawling around on the grass, but he was happy. Then we came home and lit some dinky fireworks we got at Walmart. It was fun, this time Avery wasn't so impressed. But we got some pictures, and that's what it's all about! :)


4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Awesome!! Sounds like your 4th was great! I sometimes wish we lived in a busy city that had fun exciting things to do!!:) But "country" life has it's perks too, I suppose!! I had fun visiting with your Mom at the reception..I just love your family!
I tried to get her and your Dad to dance.....hahahahah!!

Mandy said...

Look at those eyes on Avery.. what a doll! He is getting so big!

Crystal said...

I love the matching shirts! Way cute! You guys did a whole lot more than we did...I feel so lazy LOL!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!!