Anyway, as I was making it I was thinking about how the boys and Nora might feel about them when they're older. Will they think they're too homemade looking, will the hate that we all match, will they want to use them after they leave home? I hope they love them, and I hope that when they're grown they will remember all the Christmas' we've had and the traditions our family takes part in each year. I hope that the stockings will mean something to them, and they'll want the same things for their own families (not the same stockings...just the same happy Christmas memories). Is it weird that making a stocking made me think to when my kids are grown? I just want them to be happy, and think of our family Christmases fondly.
(Andy- Nativity; Kizzie- bells; Avery- snowman; Jack- snowflake; Nora- gingerbread girl)
Back to the stockings though. I made mine when I was a teenager, I'm not sure how many of us were still living at home, or who still uses theirs now. But when Andy and I got married I made him a matching one our first Christmas and then each year we've added to our little family I've made them for our babies. They're quite large, which is good and bad. Even when we have lots in them it feels like they're too empty...so we may overfill them each year. Oh well, another good Christmas memory for our kids right? : )
Anyway, I love our homemade looking matching stockings. And as long as the kids live at home they will too. : )
4 comments:
I just realized I have to make one for Reta. Ours all match too.
Oh, I love those stockings, so cute! You should sell them on etsy or something. I would buy them someday when we have a mantle lol. :)
Love them! I am going to have to go take pictures of mine now too! We do the same thing because I loved Silas's stocking so much! I just made Cora's on Monday! HAHA!
That is so cute. I love homemade stockings.
Post a Comment