So, I haven't really done a "baby" update in a while. Truthfully there's not much to update. I'm still pregnant, she's still in there abusing me from the inside. And everything seems to be going normal. As of today I am 38 weeks, I have my next Dr. appointment on Monday. At my last appointment there was some concern about my blood pressure, so hopefully that was just a fluke. Also, hopefully it's just a fluke that I've gained so much weight?? A girl can hope. Baby girl is growing right on schedule, we're curious to see if she's small like Jack or small like Avery...or if she'll just be huge. I'm afraid of the latter!
Andy and I have been a little nervous as the time gets closer to have little Nora join our family because we feel like it's stepping back in time sort of. Both the boys are pretty self sufficient, they dress themselves, they use the bathroom, they play on their own and play well together, they feed themselves at the table and can even get themselves snacks and drinks throughout the day (with permission!). They buckle their own car seats, and can communicate to us clearly what they want and need, they're also able to be reasoned with. It's nice. We've gotten this nice 4 person family routine going and now we're about to throw it all off. For a very good and exciting reason, of course. We're excited and the boys are excited, and I know 3.5 years isn't that large a gap for most people, but we're having a hard time remembering baby things. People keep telling us it'll all come back to us quickly. I sure hope so!! It's just an interesting mix of first time parent nerves, and "been there, done that" feeling about some aspects. Also throwing in the different gender makes us nervous too! : )
Today I was looking at some pictures of the boys from almost 3 years ago. They were so little and chubby and babyish. And maybe I'm biased...but when we make 'em that cute it's a shame not to have another! I'm not saying I promise anymore after this...! My body has definitely taken a beating this pregnancy, but we're "ready" and excited for the cute little baby we'll be holding in the next couple of weeks!
Seriously though - with faces like these how can we not try and duplicate some of that?!
No comments:
Post a Comment