When we were looking at houses last year one of the important things on our list was a separate family room, preferably a basement one. I really wanted to be able to have a nice "formal" (as formal as we get, I'd never go as far as to say I wanted a parlor. That's too formal for us!) living room/sitting room and a separate place to have all the toys and the tv.
When we looked at our house we loved that it have a finished basement, and thought the space was perfect. It even had 2 "rooms" so we could have a family room AND a toy room. There was no wall to define the spaces, but the room was a large L shape so it worked just fine. After we moved in we decided we'd love to build a wall with a door to close off the toy room and make it a 4th bedroom so we have the option of having a guest bedroom. And while we were at it why not throw in some built-ins around the fireplace in the family room to hide all our junk.
We had some of the work done a few months ago and the rest this past week, so after a lot of painting, as of this weekend (thanks to Jensen Construction!) we are proud owners of a newly finished basement! complete with french doors, a fresh coat of paint and lots of custom storage to hide all our tv cords, games and whatever else we can cram in there!
And one of the best parts? I can close the door to the toy room and pretend there aren't toys and books covering the entire floor! Because, lets be honest...I cleaned the toy room so I could take this picture. It looks like that about 10% of the time : ) LOVE it!
What's next?! : )



2 comments:
I LOVE IT!
I'll admit, I'm pretty jealous! It looks amazing.
Post a Comment