Last week(ish) made my fall wreath, this week I worked on mod-podged letters for baby girls room (she has a name, btw. See below. : ) I need to do another coat of mod-podge on the top and attach some ribbon to hang them from, but I think they're turning out very cute. (The letters are leaning against a quilt I'm working on for her)
I also saw an easy tutorial for a "quilt as you go" quilt method, so I took the leftover fabric from the wreath project and made myself a fall table runner for my buffet. It's much cuter than the piece of unfinished leafy print fabric I threw on there last week. And, I've never actually bound a quilt before (I'm really NOT a quilter at all, but I like sewing projects so I pretend to be able to do things I can't!) so I googled quilt binding and found another great tutorial on that. I'm a very visual person and it had lots of pictures so I was able to figure it out in just a few minutes. I worked on hand sewing the binding while watching General Conference this past weekend, and I love the finished product! It was way easier than I thought it was going to be!
5 comments:
I love them! The name came out super cute. I should do something as cool as that. ;)
So fun! I can't wait to meet your little girl. She is going to be just as unique and amazing as your boys. Wish I was there!
Does she have a middle name?
Middle name is Jane.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the name! And all the craftiness! I need to make a wreath now!
Post a Comment