Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pasta

I'm taking a little break from dinner prep to post this, because it makes me happy.

Tonight I'm making fettuccini alfredo with homemade pasta and sauce. Fancy, right? :)

While I was making the pasta with my pasta machine it made me think of all the times I remember making pasta with my mom and siblings when I was younger. (maybe we didn't do that often, I just liked it so I remember it more? not sure)
I remember taking turns turning the crank to roll out and cut the pasta. For some reason turning that handle was worth waiting for several other kids to get through taking their turn. It's not really that exciting, but I suppose the finished product is pretty great.
(I don't know what's going on with his smile or eyes in this picture, he's crazy)

So today, while I was turning the crank all by myself, not having to wait to take my turn, I decided to let my little boys come and help me. I have issues with messes, so I'll confess that I had the thought long before I actually followed through with it.
 They were thrilled when I let them pull over chairs to turn the pasta machine handle. They waited (impatiently, if you can imagine) to take turns, and squealed with delight at the finished product of their very own pasta.

It made me happy.

Dinner tonight is going to taste extra good. :)

5 comments:

Jordy said...

Your kitchen sink is huge!!!

Chiemi said...

That is so cool!

sissyann said...

Your sink is huge! lol
I absolutely adore cooking with my children!

Unknown said...

How fun! It's true that these are the things you remember from childhood.
I just love the snow post. I just laughed at poor Jack's forlorn picture.

Robyn said...

You are an awesome Mom!