Friday, October 29, 2010

Start 'em young


 One afternoon this week Avery woke up from his nap before Jack. I was online talking to Andy and Avery asked if he could say hi, so I let him chat with Andy. he would tell me what he wanted to say and I would help him figure out which letters spelled out his words. It was hilarious watching him type. It reminded me of my dad, maybe dad's better at it now...who knows. :)

Avery spent the whole time with one finger searching for each letter. It took 2 minutes just to type "hi dad". I loved it. Avery thought it was awesome to talk to Daddy on the computer. I think it made him feel like such a big kid. Of course after a while he got tired of spelling words and just started hitting random keys, here's their conversation...for your entertainment! :)

4:07 PM me: zadsdwqujklopxxxx avery
4:08 PM Andy: hi Avery
4:10 PM me: hi daddy
 Andy: did you have a good nap?
4:13 PM me: yes
 Andy: that's cool
  what are you guys up to?
4:14 PM me: chillin
4:15 PM Andy: are you excited to go play with Sammy tonight?
4:16 PM me: i am
 Andy: what are you going to play with Sammy?
4:17 PM me: scooby doo
4:18 PM Andy: are you going to be Freddy again?
4:20 PM me: i am
4:22 PM Andy: can jack be scooby?
4:23 PM me: i dont think so
4:24 PM Andy: oh
  ok4:26 PM me: mklpuiogvvvvvvvvvvvczzzzzzzzawertyyui
 
4:27 PM Andy:you are a nice boy
  I love you
4:28 PM me: lkoiuyhjcvzaqwertyu
  bye

He's amazed with technology. Like the time he asked me who I talk to on the phone so I listed some different friends and family members, most of which live near us. When I said that I talk to "Aunt Sis" on the phone too, he stopped me from talking and exclaimed "You mean you can talk to Aunt Sis all the way over here?!" Like it was the most amazing thing he'd ever heard...talking on the phone in different states!  Apparently he thought phone calls were limited to locals. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's cute. He's such an interesting kid!