I'm quite pleased with myself for coming up with a month's worth of menu items. I was having a hard time narrowing down my list and figuring out what to do on what days. It was a little overwhelming. Then Andy had a brilliant idea! He suggested we assign certain types of meals to the days of the week. That helped SO much!

So, we decided on Mon-breakfast, Tue-Pasta, Wed-Crock pot, Th-Chicken, Fri-Pizza, Saturday is leftovers and Sunday will be the other meat meals, and traditional "Sunday Dinner" type recipes.
That seriously made it easier to narrow it down. I also have one new recipe to try each week in the different categories. So I'm excited to have several new recipes to try out in the coming month. One really nice thing will be that we won't be repeating any recipes for a month!
I'm also hoping this will help our kids become more open to different types of food. They're kind of picky.

I saw a cute recipe/menu organizer on a blog and decided to try and make my own. Theirs was for sale with a whole menu system. So I jsut looked at the picture and made up my own. It gives me a cute place to store the recipes for each week and the corresponding shopping list, now they won't be floating around on the counters.

I'm excited to have it all organized and to not have to think about coming up with dinner at the last minute, for at least a month! It's probably not as exciting to anyone else, but I'm pretty happy about it!
9 comments:
You're my hero Kiz!
That organizer is super cute! You did a great job on it. And good job planning your meals, too. I get so much less frustrated when I have a meal plan (which is not all the time - I usually try to do it by week, but I haven't done it lately). The theme ideas are good!
Thanks for your comment over at Dollar Store Crafts! :)
That is so cute! I seriously love it. :)
So cute!
Nice. I keep thinking I'm gonna start up thematic days of the week but then I never follow through. Maybe I need to see this organizer up close.
Oh, and I clicked on the month picture and I'm totally stealing some of those menus.
ok so I know this is the third comment on this post but can I come over when you have sticky buns for dinner? kidding...kind of. Jordan says he wants the sweet and sour meatballs. :)
that is so cool, Kiz! You are my hero too!!
Oh, I love it...the colors, the design, the whole concept!
What a great idea, and you did a fabulous idea!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment