Last Friday morning we woke up to find that our car has been stolen! We called the police right away and someone came over to file a police report. The officer that came said the usually stolen cars are recovered within 72 hours...it's been way more than 72 hours now!
Luckily, besides the car itself, there wasn't anything in it that can't be replaced. Avery's carseat is probably the most expensive thing in the car.
We've been really fortunate though, Andy's brother Jon has been letting us borrow their second car, so we're not stuck at home and Andy can get to work. Also, his brother Chris bought a new car a couple months ago and hasn't been able to sell his old car yet(a little Mazda). He gave it to us to do what we want with it, which is so great! So we went and got some minor repairs made and got it licensed, the only down side is that it is a 5 speed, so Andy had to learn how to drive a stick shift. We're VERY grateful for having family that can help us out!
If the car doesn't show up we're going to have to buy something that is more family oriented. (the Mazda is a 2 door hatch back, which isn't ideal for carseat use!) I think we'll probably try and sell the Mazda at some point and use the proceeds to get something qith 4 doors. But for now, things are alright.
Every time the phone rings I hope it's the police! And every time we go anywhere I'm always looking, hoping that we'll stumble across our poor car! We're still hopeful that we'll get it back, I just hope when/if we do it's in one piece! I actually really like my car...and we just bought it 3 months ago! So that's pretty crummy!
Other than that...nothing much is going on. I had another Dr. appointment yesterday, for my joint stuff. I got some more prescriptions and we're hoping over the next couple months everything will resolve itself. If not, it's on to a Rheumatologist for me. I'm really hoping that everything will work itself out and that won't be necessary!
Avery has developed a love of books! Which is great. most of the time. I think I can recite from memory every book that we have! He wants to read them each about 10 times, and if I don't he stands next to me whining until I read it again! Some days I think about hiding all the books...but that seems like a mommy no-no! :) but I may do it for a day!
He's a pretty cool kid though, so I guess I can re-read a few more books to him!
Here are a few pictures, just so this isn't so boring!
Avery loves to sit in the little corner on top of that lamb (that Andy named Milton...), he sits and and reads books, or he'll just pull the table over with him, he also discovered that the table doubles as a fun little seat! We think he's pretty cute.

Here we are, chillin' during conference (and between sessions). Avery loves his uncle Chris!

Avery in his replacement car seat. Thank goodness for Craigslist, car seats aren't cheap! He had fun sitting in it after it was call cleaned up! He's watching Veggie tales in these pictures.
Av
4 comments:
man - tough luck, huh?? I so hope that your car is returned to you soon. What kind of crazy people just go and steal a car?
I love those pictures of Avery. I adore his big bright eyes!
Also, I don't remember if I ever mentioned it before, but one of my good friends has been struggling with joint problems too - sounds a lot like yours. She is able to keep it under control with some meds. I hope they can do the same for you!
What kind of car did you have? Let me know and I'll keep my eyes open too!
What the heck? You seem so casual about it. I about fell over when I read your post. But you do have one cute kid!
That is so sucky. I also would have said...Dude, where's my flippin' car! That's good that you have been able to find other transportation for now.
Post a Comment