Friday, September 10, 2010

Pre-school

Avery started pre-school this week. I think he likes it so far. He gets to cut and glue and make new friends.The first day he was really excited when we got there, but by the time I picked him up all he would say to me was "I'm just not ready to be happy yet, Mom" What?! his teacher said he was happy until I got there, so maybe he just wanted to play longer and I cramped his style...I never did get it out of him.Today was much better, despite the fact I forgot to put a jacket on him this morning, so he was a little chilly playing outside when I got there. But, he was happy.Jack and I miss him when he's gone. Jack walks around asking if we can go get Avery now, or asking where Avery is. On the bright side errands are much easier to run with one kid instead of two...even if we miss Avery. A lot.It's so quiet without his constant stream of questions. :) I'm just glad it's only 3 days a week.
I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when he starts school next year!!

Oh, funny random story. On the first day of pre-school Avery suddenly got a little nervous before we left home, and asked if I would hold his bag, because he was worried that people would think he had a purse. How cute! After we talked about it he decided his bag was not a purse at all and it is cool enough for him to carry.

3 comments:

Tessa said...

Cute!! Congratulations Avery!

bedelia said...

A purse. so funny. I couldn't bring myself to put Jonah in pre-school. Actually, tonight J and N went on a father/son campout and I was pretty much hysterical so I don't know what I'll do when they are in school.

Anonymous said...

This is Ashlynn's second year of preschool and I have to tell you, it wasn't any easier this time. Next year she'll go to Kindergarten 5 days a week, full day! I'm not sure I can handle it. Christopher misses her when she goes to school, and though he can't talk he looks around kind of nervously and says "EH! Eh?? Eh???", I'm taking that as his I'm looking for Ashlynn language.