Sunday, April 29, 2007

The light at the end of the tunnel


This past week Andy finished all the classes for his bachelors degree in Sociology. He didn't walk for graduation, but he borrowed Chris' cap and gown to take a picture!! He is taking 2 classes in the spring term that are required for the masters program he is planning on applying for. So unfortunately he only got the weekend to relax and take a break from classes! He starts again on Tuesday. He's not planning on applying for the masters program until the fall of '08. So when he finishes these two classes in June we'll have some time off from student living (sort of!) to work and save for the next few years of schooling.
It's starting to feel like we will be done with all of this someday! We'll be staying in Provo until he graduates from the masters program (in Social Work). But after that who knows where we'll end up! It will be an adventure!
Right now I'm just looking forward to September coming and Andy having no classes! Work will still take up most of his time, but I can handle that!

Avery had his first ice cream sandwich this past weekend, and he loved it! Andy's Dad was intown for the graduation (Chris walked for his grad.) so we spent a lot of time hanging out with the other siblings here. Avery got spoiled eating lots of junk...to keep him happy at other's houses! I was very impressed though, that he actually ate the entire thing! And of course I got some cute pictures! Needless to say he was a little hyper after that!

We bought a small chest freezer from one of Andy's co-workers that is going on her mission. It was delivered to our house yesterday and I'm already loving it! I just need to go buy some otter pops now! The weather is perfect for that kind of summer treat! It was close to 80 degrees yesterday and today.
We tried out our a/c today and it doesn't seem to be working very well, or really at all. It was nicer outside than it was in our house! I just hope we can get it fixed so we're not roasting all summer. I could tell Avery was too hot, he's always extra fussy when he's uncomfortable. So for that reason alone I want to get it fixed! Imagine the whole summer with an unhappy baby!

8 comments:

Jeff Westover said...

Hey, congrats on the graduation! A big YAHOO from the Westovers down here in Sandy!

Andrea said...

Congrats to the grad! Those pics are so cute! It's hot here too, I hope you get your AC fixed soon!

michelle said...

Congratulations on the graduation! It sounds like you had a fun weekend. What adorable pictures of Avery.

Anna said...

I remember our excitement when Kurt finally graduated, we had a 2 yr old by then! Happy for you to get on with the next phase of life!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on graduation! I can't believe how huge Avery is...Gideon's going to be that big soon. He's such a monster! 20 lbs at 4 months, basically my arms are falling off! Anyways, it was great to hear from you guys! Hope all is well!

Amy said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the grad! Avery is so darn cute eating that ice cream bar!! Just take all his clothes off and give him a wet cool cloth. He'll make ya laugh while he plays with it (probably on his head!). :)

Caitlin and Mike said...

Congrats to your husband, what an accomplishment for both you and him! You must be so excited to be able have him at home at least little bit more. Just think, only two more years of schooling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your husband. What is he planning on doing after school is all over? I feel ya on the non working ac. Ours has been down too, and it is awefull.