Last night the boys were running around being crazy. Pretty normal. :) Suddenly I heard Jack crying and Avery saying "I didn't do anything!" (this time he was right, sometimes I'm not so sure) Jack had fallen into the fireplace while running in circles in the living room. His face swelled up pretty big, but he seemed to be mostly fine. A little bit of ice, ibuprofen and some cuddling and he was playing again.
I thought his face looked bad last night...then I got him out of bed this morning and the poor baby could barely open his eye! He still seems to be doing fine, we're just trying to get the swelling to go down.
We now have a "no running by the fireplace" rule...we'll see how long that lasts.
5 comments:
that looks awful! iwould say poor kid but its probably worse for mom and dad than him. kids never seem to care much about injuries.
Talk about a shiner. That's the biggest one I've seen in awhile. Good luck with the rule.
after numerous accidents and lots of tears I have started trying to enforce "no running in the house" (it is not going very well) I hear myself saying all those lame mom things now, "Don't come running to me when you break your leg!" "You'll poke your eye out!"
Poor boy! I hope that doesn't happen again, but boys are crazy so it probably will. :)
Oh my gosh, poor baby!!
Post a Comment